Last week when I was doing some tidying in the room I refer to as The Warehouse (samples, shop items, packing supplies, possibly Jimmy Hoffa are all in there), and I came across my collection of ATCs from many years ago when trading was all the rage. I hosted several swaps personally and absolutely loved everything about it.
So I’ve decided it’s high time to host another.
And because I’m a screen printing geek and because there is going to be a massive party next week on the blog celebrating Thermofax Screen Printing, I thought I’d center the theme around the technique.
Now you do NOT need to use Thermofax Screen Printing. You can use whatever method of screen printing you like. So don’t feel like you can’t play if you don’t have a Thermofax Screen, okay?
Here are the details on the swap. (You can also download a PDF of the screen printed ATC swap guidelines if you’d prefer.)
* SIGN UP for the swap by September 1, 2015 by joining the Facebook group set up for the swap. (All communication for the swap will go through this group. If you don’t use Facebook but really want to participate, please email me at email@example.com)
* MAIL your ATCs to Lynn by September 19, 2015. International artists are welcome to participate but must mail their cards by September 12, 2015 to allow for longer travel.
* RETURNED SWAPS will go in the mail by October 3, 2015
* You may send as many cards as you’d like to swap up to a maximum of 12 cards
* ATC cards can be comprised of any kind of base (fiber, paper, etc) but must measure 2.5” wide x 3.5” high.
* Cards for this swap must contain at least ONE screen printed element. You can use any screen printing method that you like. You do not need to do Thermofax Screen Printing but if you’d like to, I have an ATC kit here with the bird screen I’m using on my cards.
* You must send either $4 (cash please, no checks) toward first class postage and envelope for your returned swap cards OR a NEW self addressed stamped envelope. I like to recycle as much as anyone else but the post office can be pretty rough on packaging and I don’t want to risk having your returned swap damaged.
If you have any questions, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or post to the Facebook group. I hope you’ll join in, I do so love these kind of trades and I haven’t done one in such a long time – it’s got me as giddy as a kid on her birthday. 🙂
So you’ll definitely want to come by again on Monday. Big doings going on here that I can’t wait to share and plenty of chances for you to geek out to Thermofax Screen Printing and win stuff and just generally become a completely addicted Paint Flinger – woo!